Monday, November 1, 2010

DAD

Today my dad called me to see how an essay I had been writing was going. The conversation ended the usual way with my Dad saying bye and me trying to say goodbye and I love you before he hung up.  I am so use to my phone calls from him ending quickly with out an I love you coming from his end of the phone, but just a second after he hung up my phone started ringing again and I see my Dad's name and I answer.  "Katie I love you" are the first things I hear him say and immediately say I love you back we say good bye and hang up the phone.  The call only lasted a few seconds but is was so sweet that he called back just to tell me he loved me.  This call and the last couple days when I am thinking about coming home for thanksgiving have made me realize how much I miss him.  I miss all my family so much, but me missing my dad so much is a new occurrence.  We would fight not all the time, but quite a bit when I was home, but up here all I can think of is how similar we are.  I act so much like him it's kind of scary.  We both love old movies and at home he would be the only one who would watch them with me.  We both love history, The Gene Autry Museum, and there are a thousand other thing.  As the days get closer for me to head home and visit I find myself getting more and more excited to see my Dad.  I am excited to tell him all about  my classes, my friends, and "Arsenic and Old Lace".  I can't wait to hear about all the stuff that has happened while Ive been away.  I look forward to just the two of us watching an ols Cary Grant movie in the living room and talking about history.  I cant wait from my week at home with my family, especially my Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment